Thursday, July 18, 2013
Argumentive Essay
Racism played a key role in Sula. Whites were superior to the blacks in the Bottom. It was a challenge to be employed as a African-American. Therefore, many blacks were unemployed because of the whites. I think I will enjoy writing about this topic because there is so much to elaborate on. There is a lot of background to this topic and how it all happened. Racism causes people to do negative things because white people build up so much hate in blacks. Blacks react, and release their anger on each other. Not all whites are racist, but in most cases they are. Where I'm from, racism isn't that much of a deal. Whites get along just fine with blacks. Well, at school for the most part. I'm sure it's not the same at home but they still respect the blacks. Maybe some whites think it still should be segregated, and others do not. That's an argument that will go for days. Even though it's illegal to segregate, I know there are still whites out there who wishes it still was segregation. Not only are whites racist to blacks, blacks are racist to whites as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment