Tuesday, July 2, 2013
1920 Prostitution
In 1920 we found out that Nel's grandmother, Rochelle, was a prostitute and we had a huge debate on the topic in class. The whole class agreed that we wouldn't want our child to look up to someone of an bad influence. I wouldn't want that to happen because i wouldn't want my child following in the footsteps of someone who doesn't have anything going on with their life. We argued that we would keep our child away from that family member to limit the chances of them becoming their way. In some cases that is wrong but we should still teach our child not to follow that family member footsteps. Another discussion was if we would tell our parents if we were ready for sex. Personally, I've never told my parents but they already know and tell me to always protect myself. Other students said they did tell their parents when they were ready. I wouldn't know what to tell my child if i were a parent. Maybe I would say no because they are too young, but when I was their age I participated in sexual intercourse. I didn't do too well on the quiz because I didn't actually get deep into the book. Instead, I just read to say that I did finish and it showed on my results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment