Friday, July 12, 2013

1941 Turn around

I read 1941 last night, thinking we were going to have a quiz on it today. I was up all night trying to consume every detail in the chapter. At least I was prepared to take the quiz, just in case. I'm glad I did read because I don't have to try to cram everything in, in one night. I wasn't surprised that Sula's death brightened the bottom. Being that she was dead, people could live their lives accordingly. People changed their lives, knowing that Sula wasn't around to construct things. People lives were better, living conditions were better, and blacks had greater opportunities to be employed. I can agree with the people of the Bottom from calling Sula a witch. She fits the characteristics perfectly. Her sneaky, evil, and cold-hearten actions fits an witch metaphorically. I was really surprised of Shadrack's emotions. He was sad that his partner in crime, Sula, wasn't there because of her death. He finally gained some of his senses, like knowing he was lonely. It was sad that the people who followed him to the tunnel died, especially the Dewey's. Shadrack just watched, significant to when Sula watched her mother die, not trying to help. The Popplet and Animoto websites are cool to use. It's different and it's actually fun to use. I've never used them before so it was interesting to use. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment