Monday, July 8, 2013
1927 Marraige
I am confident that I did well on my quiz today. Study groups actually helps with my grades. Racism was a theme in 1927 because, only white men had the high paying jobs, and it was difficult for blacks to get a job. Friendship was also a theme. Sula and Nel were separating after they graduated. Sula was attending college and Nel was getting married. I can relate with the separation due to going off to college. Some friends I had in high school are slowly fading because we are not together anymore. As a class we agreed that Nel was submissive because she gave in to Jude. Jude wanted to feel like a man, so he decided to propose to Nel. Nel gave in, and they married each other. Helene was very excited that Nel was getting married, and became very exhausted due to planning the wedding. Helene was very pleased that Sula and Nel were separating. She did not like their relationship as friends; however, she had to accept it. I have a couple of friends that my mother doesn't feel me comfortable around with, so I respect her opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment